scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

and more




On our trek into the wilderness of Sinai we were guided by two bedouin boys and their donkeys. While it's true that donkeys are stubborn beasts, I think I would probably be stubborn too if I had to walk around on those rocks all day. I wasn't sure exactly why we brought the donkeys... my best guess being if we got lost and thirsty and needed to drink somebody's blood it would be better to start with Eyore than with one of us people-types.

In one of these photos you'll see young Aburachman showing you how tough his feet are. The little feller went the whole way, a two-hour hike up a legitimate mountain covered in rocks so sharp they sounded like clinking glass when they moved against each other, in his bare feet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home