scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

water and life


Much of the last few years for me has felt like a big fuzzy swirling question mark. Occasionally a moment stands clear like the first sight of land from a foggy sea. For a few breaths I'm convinced I'm in the right place at the right time. It's the most self-interested experience I can have, and possibly the most important. I've had a few of these in the last month. I am grateful for each one.
-that night swim in the starry universe of the Red Sea
-coming down the hill from the checkpoint on my bicycle, middle of the night, warm wind on my face, eyes closed as long as I dare
-my self-baptism in the Jordan River a few days ago.
-floating on my back in the Sea of Galilee and looking at the lights of Tiberias glowing soft and red on the water.

In each of these moments I found peace. It was great.

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger MC said...

This is really beautiful, Marty.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Lirun said...

nice

 

Post a Comment

<< Home