scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

no no no... I decided to try the beard!



Apparently I wasn't clear in my last posting; I AM trying to grow a beard. I hit the point of no return and decided to proceed along the straight and narrow path of beardhood. I guess Toby is growing one too... once again outdone by older brother. Well shoot.
They're nutty about soccer over here. One of the many important things I've learned is how to hold the ball on your foot, like in this photo. I was pretty stoked when I figured it out. Everytime there's a world cup game the streets of Paris fill with the fans of the winning team, driving around tooting on horns, wearing the country flag and painting themselves up a bit. I get a bit nervous on the ole bicycle when I hear the beep beep beeps and hoots and hollers coming up behind. Like the hounds of hell nipping at my heels. So i put the pedal to the sickle and take the bus lane. Much safer.
The second bit of photographic proof documents the base of what will soon become the greatest beard I have ever worn. The last legitimate effort occurred over my 16-year old summer in Alaska. I came back all wooly and whispy with huge hair and the patchiest neck beard on earth. That's when Andrea broke up with me. I'm banking on the hope that returning with a far more manly beard will ensure we don't have a repeat performance! What do you say Andrea?
Also, if you look carefully, you can see a red spot on my nose. Lesson learned: sometimes when you're trying to get that last tip of the cigarette and your judgement may be slightly impaired, you get a burnt nose. Let it go marty, let it go. TTFN.

1 Comments:

At 5:19 PM, Blogger Martin Penner said...

A man can face a lot of things in this ole world, but the dissapointment of a twin cuts to the quick. Josh, the only thing I can say is that your cry has been heard, and answered by three solid weeks of unfettered growth and quite a disgusting production of dishevelry. My face feels like a cactus. I hope you're happy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home