scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The World on this side of the door.




It's 7:21 am the morning of my departure. I've been packing my apartment all night. Tried to sleep but after an hour I was woken by a very disturbing nightmare involving Billy Corgan...
It's been an unbelievable week. I feel like this is the craziest day of my life. I'm standing at the doorway of a new and strange world. I've been scared to take this step for a long time now, because I know what I leave behind. I really love this city. In the four years I've lived here I don't think there's been a day where I haven't stopped at some point, made speechless by how beautiful this place is. The mountains and the trees and all those clear bodies of water from which we draw our strength. And there are people... harder by far of course... My last night at Canlis was a dream come true. Sitting in the bar with a guitar, joined at various times by my brother Josh, Walt (seriously...) and Jeremy P. There was so much honest communication and love flowing around that room. We stayed for hours. It was less like a concert than a group therapy session. I felt like everyone was a participant. it was the kind of moment I dream about, and the kind I cherish forever.
And of course we ended up in the lake at some silly hour. It had to happen... It's one of the things I love most in the world: swimming in that lake, at night, with people I love. Laughing and collapsing on the dock in a big nest of blankets and towels and wet hair. It's magical. It's what summers are for. I need to continue packing. Ciao chow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home