scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The Icelandic- Salt of the Earth

Hey all. Just arrived back in the land of yankee doodles and dandies, and will remain here in New York for 5 days or so. And it's hot as blazes up in this joint too.
Andrea rightfully criticized the lack of pictures on this blog of Debbie, my travelling companion of the last few days. For those who don't know, Debbie is an original friend from way back, a veritable adopted sister and a bosom buddy and ex-roomate of Single-Andrea and Married-Andrea-and-Marty. She's the best, and just happened to be in Moldova working at the camp my parents were running. She decided to travel back with me as far as Budapest just for hangout's sake. After a wonderful couple of days, and some killer Hungarian goulash, we bid a sad farewell in a Pest metro station and went our separate ways. She remained in Budapest another night for the Eric Clapton show, and I flew to Copenhagen. My flight was due to arrive around 11 pm, and I was set to leave the next day around noon. The cheapest hostel I could find was 35 Euro, so I decided to stow my bags at the train station and see what a Monday night in Kobehagen would look like! Well thanks to four wonderful Icelandic young guys who adopted me and treated me like their own, it turned into an amazing night capped with the unexpexted multiple blessings of sleep (in a real bed no less) and a shower. When I arrived in Copenhagen, I made my way downtown and eventually wandered into a Karaoke bar. I sent one out to the Ole Scarlet Tree, poured some liquour in her memory and went to town on "She's got the Look". Met two girls there from Seattle, of all things, but more importantly I met these really cool guys from Iceland. We ended up closing that place out, then heading to another place with some Danish people we met. At the second spot we just danced and danced till the sun was up in the sky, then they let me crash on the extra bed in their hotel room. I got about three solid hours of sleep, a hot shower and was at the airport in perfect time. Seriously, I must go to Iceland. I posited that maybe they were just professional Icelandic goodwill ambassadors, supported by their government to spread the good name of Iceland around Europe by doing nice things for total strangers, but they said that wasn't true. Anyway, I'll pop some pictures of them, and Deb up when I next connect my lappy to the world wide web.
For now, I need a shower.

3 Comments:

At 10:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a information of un-аmbiguіty аnd preserveness of valuable knowleԁge conсеrning uneхpecteԁ
emotionѕ.

Feel free to surf tο my pаge :: RPMPoker Offer

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ι am genuinely delіghted to glance
at thіs webpage posts which inсludes tons of valuable data, thanks fоr providing suсh data.


My blog 888 Poker Offer

 
At 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there fгiеndѕ, its іmpressіve рaгagrаph concerning teachingаnd completelу explained, keep іt up all thе timе.


Look at my site :: High Stakes Promotions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home