scared thrilled scared thrill scared thrilled

I find most things in life both scary and thrilling. I suppose I should hope it's always this way, but sometimes it feels like an awful lot of work.

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

farewell from Amsterdam


July 1st (Happy Canada Day) we "French" fellows travelled from the wonderful marvel of Paris to the fair country of the Netherlands. We spent four days in sessions at a hostel whose terrible food was offset by it proximity to a beautiful stretch of Dutch beaches on the Atlantic coast. Many long nights of playing guitar and swimming with the phosphorous. After program's end, which was sad for sure, I came back to Amsterdam and have been here for a couple of days now. I've been staying with a friend named Aimer, who's been very hospitable. Tomorrow afternoon I leave for Budapest with a Hungarian named Laslo and two other people in a blue car leaving from Amstel station at 2 pm. Laslo has short dark hair. Thanks hitchikers.org! In Budapest I will try to catch a train to Chisinau where I will finally be able to sleep a little... hopefully. Anyways, sorry I'm curt but it's time for bed for reals. And the picture is Carole and I wearing Hajibs. I think we look great.
Cheers all. I'll hopefully write tomorrow morning before I make the decision whether its safer to risk my computer being hurt in transit if I ship it back to Seattle or to risk it being stolen in these ridiculous flybytheseatofmypants journeys. We'll see which fear is greater.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 PM, Blogger Martin Penner said...

Geepers! It must be a mile by now! I think you'll look great with a hippy-style mountain beard; all fuzz and fire coming down those mountains with clothes a-tatter and hikey poles flailing behind! If I were a bear I would not be the sticking-around-type with that business no sir.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home